Sunday, July 01, 2007

Sweet Eye Launch



Yeah so today I went to the Sweet Eye Jewellery Launch. The jewellery is designed by Solange Shaw-Gopaul and it is her first formal showing of her pieces Solange is the person behind the earrings that came with many of Tribe's costumes last year. You may have also seen her booth at Tribe's registration, she is also the office manager at TRIBE.




Well I did not get to the showing till about 4pm although it started about 1pm. That was definitely my mistake as by that time almost ALL the pieces had been marked as sold. Not bad at all Sol. All her designs are original and use a variety of stones and beads and sometimes feathers. If you see something you like you can request it in a particular colour or variation but she tries to keep each piece as a one of a kind as far as possible. There were several pieces I wanted but of course they were all SOLD. I know next time not to stick. Her prices are also very reasonable ranging from $60 to $200 dollars and I encourage everyone to take advantage of the great prices before demand pushes up the price. As it is, I may not be able to get the pieces I requested if she does not have material remaining.


You can visit her site Sweet Eye Designs or search for the group of the same name on facebook for up to the minute updates and first looks at the new items.Both sites have some closer up pics to see specific items.

9 comments:

saucydiva said...

Girl you are super duper quick! I now reach home and pics posted already? You should have been just as quick getting there LOL.

It was nice chatting with you and at least I got some ear-rings that I will be wearing on the 28th.

Mummylicious said...

HA! You snooze you lose, like i calculated the right time, I say right after lunch good and I reach later than i wanted too, around 2:30. I made out with 2 nice pieces, 2 of the things you saw that said 'SOLD' on it most likely...har har har har

Anonymous said...

Solange Shaw-Gopaul

Carnival Jumbie said...

yeah ok if you really want to be picky .

dougla_1 said...

CJumbie, Saucy sent meh here. So ah had tuh macco. LOL.

Very lovely report. Your teaser pictures do give a cool sense that Solange is not a wishy washy kind of person in her presentation.

I am sorry you got there late, but it does bode well for Sweet Eye that you were still able to procure something that caught your sweet eyes.

I'll look into buying gifts at Sweet Eye whevever I am in Trinidad (next arrival, Carnival 2008).

dougla_1 said...

Oops, so sorry CJumbie, it was the Saucy who wrote she got some earrings. I though it was you. But did you get anything? In rereading your post, it appears the ones you wanted were already sold.

Carnival Jumbie said...

dougla , EVERYTHING was sold whetehr I had liekd it or not. I put in my request based on soem designs I saw there but I will onlyget it if she has the materials In stock ARGHHH. I reaching FIRST next time yes

elma said...

So all of us that live outa T&T now get jook!! lol.....the pieces on her website look real nice!

JJ said...

me loves that blue stone choker like thingy there! wonderful designs. thanks for the report. will DEFINITELY check her out