Saturday, June 09, 2007

Carnival Jumbie

Lawd aye! I sure most if not all of you caught a piece of Machel Montano HD in Madison Square Garden on BET J this afternoon. If you did not , yuh better check yuh contents..I mean your listings for the repeats. Let me tell you, I was getting on like it was Carnival Sunday. Not Carnival Monday yuh know, Carnival Sunday cause its on Carnival Sunday (on yuh way home from Lara) that yuh does be the MOST excited. I swear, I could get up tomorrow morning and put on my costume and go down the road yes.NORMAL. I really have to by that DVD and I buying it ORIGINAL too not Bootleg!That performance nearly bring tears to my eyes yes. Is like all yuh pores raise and you get carried right back to the road Carnival Monday. That is what I will always love Machel for. He does carry you back to the moment. I could tell yuh exactly where I was and who I was with when Mad Bull play, when It's Carnival Play, when Big Truck Play. My greatest memories with my friends are made Carnival time and I can't wait to do it all again next year.

Aside , I glad to see Machel have a lawyer better than Paris cause he out on bail and still flying all over the place (and eh get lock up yet). That means the beaurocracy is alive and well still in Trinidad and he may very well get off with just a fine or something. I mean if I was allyuh I would worry more about what go happen to road march if Kernel get lock up. I mean, is he write the songs after all. And he have the past few road marches under his belt. (We all know that "It's Carnival" is the road march in the hearts of the people for that year).He could give his song to anyone and they could win road march. So as much as I love Machel as a performer and would prefer that he serve he sentence before Carnival Friday or so 2008, I feel we have to make sure Kernel get off too.Although he could get a lot of writing done in jail. HMMM.

I am trying very hard to not look at info about Cropover this year cause I may be taking a business trip (one of those you could never pay for yourself) and my friend I suppose d to go with kind of sticking us right now. So cropover up in the air right now, although I would love to make it happen still.

With that said, I am sure you are all feeling that the time is drawing near. Carnival is in the air. Band launches getting into gear(Aye aye, I should write a soca with that). I pass on the Avenue today and I see a new Carnival supply store open up at the corner of Ana Street. The only reason I eh macco properly is cause I was not presentable so I could not come out the car. But I was most excited . Rumours of the potential 'hot sections' are abound and you know once I get my colour is time for Monday wear planning! Ok, I am really a bit over excited right now so I'm gonna stop. I hope you all enjoyed Machel's performance and if you missed it be sure to catch it again. We ready for mas again!!

6 comments:

saucydiva said...

ay ay a new store to check out! I will pass and see what goodies they have.

Mummylicious said...

Yup yup i saw the new store, carnival AND party supplies. I was almost upset because around carnival I run away from work almost every day just to go and smell the beads in samaroos and with this new store i won't be able to run away and go so I might miss something (what? Me eh know...something!) But I guess I can go every saturday and smell de beads and dem then.

ttfootball said...

dammit i only missing the machel on BET! but everybody soundin real excited bout it... I bes get the dvd too...

Crankyputz said...

MM HD was in To this weekend, if only he would go all over the world and teach all men how to do that...

buublenut said...

How exciting :) I don't know how I am going to hold up if I can't reach Carnival next year :(

Machel had a concert in Toronto this weekend (see Kara's blogg) and we getting ready for mas over here so it should hod me over :)

TANTIEJEAN said...

TRIBE LAUNCH JULY 28TH I CHECKED HERE TO SEE IF U ANNOUNCED IT