Thursday, April 26, 2007

The Jumbie In Zen

Well boy!!! I can't believe what it is I wake up this morning to hear. Well firstly the pastor daughter bring the heat down in Zen yesterday afternoon when the police raided the club.Now I not understanding what the police really thought they were going to find....Supposedly the footage of Akon and the girl. Ahmmm after two weeks of this controversy yuh doh think they just MIGHT have gotten rid of it already? Even if they did not, what business really keeps security tapes for such a long period of time?? I dunno but unlesss they have digital recording equipment I doubt they will have that under normal practices.

But the big story of the day is Machel and he entourage beating up a man in Zen last night. According to preliminary reports, Machel, Benjai (NOT Bunji! who clear he name on 102FM),Kernel Roberts and Zan allegedly got into an altercation with a (white) man.Obviously being outnumbered the man got the worst of it and is now supposedly in critical condition at hospital with a fractured skull. Reports from witnesses alledge that neither police nor Zen security intervened and the group was not arrested.

WELL BOY! I want to see how them fellas getting out of this one!They looking at assualt charges right there. For their sake I hope that man doh die cause hmm PRESSURE. This year Carnival they take away we stage...yuh could imagine a Carnival without the stage AND Machel?

Long time people talking about how Machel bad lucky and have a jumbie because of all the freak accidents that seem to follow him. Just recently we had another rumour about an altercation with a woman on the road Carnival time.When he sing the song 'Jumbie' they say he was calling more ting on heself. All this morning people calling in on the radio to relate their 'run ins' with Machel and it has been nothing but negativity. All who he cuss, all who he disrespect etc etc. The thing with Trinis is that when yuh on top they applauding yuh but when yuh down they trampling on yuh. I guess that is what comes with celebrity. My thing is, if he do ALLL them bad things before why nobody made a issue out of it previously? You mean to tell me all these things happening in full view of witnesses and nobody ever sensationalise it prior to this one incident? STEUPS. Thay make the man an U.N ambassador, nobody ever protest that decision? My opinion is that I was never a fan of him as a person although I am the biggest fan of his music. I too have heard rumours and allegations and even first hand accounts of incidents. I too have seen him give some attitude towards people which is why I have never been star struck when he is around.

If is one thing I saying from long time is that ZEN have a jumbie. I personally have witnessed incidents on a regular basis which had me wondering what it is about that environment where people always seem to be looking to trouble other people. Some of which I have been victim of as well. That is a big part of the reason that I stoppe going Zen regularly, too much bacchanal in that place that doh ever seem to occur elsewhere. People make allegations of all the vice that takes place there and say that that is the reason for their troubles now. With this added bad publicity people are calling to shut down Zen completely! It amazes me that with the current situation that one 14 year old girl could potentially bring down an entertainment empire.

Well Johnny and Machel I go say a prayer for allyuh cause yuh need some Jesus juice right about now.This goes to show yuh, it does only take ONE wrong move to destroy an empire.

19 comments:

saucydiva said...

Well look how I ent hear all dem callers on the radio :S

And yeah, Machel just have some bad luck! I remember the La Florissante fete where is manager (I think) got murdered; I was there that year and it was the last time for the fete. I was also there when the VIP stage fall down that November....2000 I think. After that was the girl who get burned by fireworks at the Alternative concert.

Anyway, I calling for a return of Club Coconuts.Zen just does not do it for me and I do like it at all; muss be all the Jumbies in dey :S

JJ said...

thanks for de update. i praying for all involved, but i must confess i ent never like dat "jumbie" song anyway. especially the dance. eek! *shielding face from pelt*

LOL!

btw: what a lovely blog you have here!

JJ

Anonymous said...

how did you hear about this? I cannot find any news articles, etc.

Anonymous said...

how did you hear about this machel incident? I cannot find any news articles, etc.

ttfootball said...

well hmm! this is real news now! lawd bacchanal! I up here in de states doh even know what to believe again. Ah feel ah have to pay meh lil $10 to watch some tv6 on the internet oui!

Cote ci Cote la eh have no other word for all dat comesse? lol

Carnival Jumbie said...

Anon...Well I first get the 'S' from a friend who told me to put it on 102 Power FM (radio) and they were having in a call in segment on the whole incident. A woman who was involved give her version of the story but i missed most of it. She seemed to be quite distraught.

Yeah boy saucy I find he need to just take a bush bath yes.

JJ...I love nothing better than a jumbie dance lolol.

Carnival Jumbie said...

Boy TTFootball I want the RIGHT word and i eh have the book on me at hand. I sure it have a saying to go with this too! And seeeing it all play off after press time is all kinda story flying about the place.

Generally talk is soca star had ask some English ppl to move in the club and they refused. The woman taunted him by trying to wine up on him. Like the girl man get vex and pelt soca star with a drink. The English get throw out the club and somehow all parties involved end up outside and man get licks. But is Trini that could all be made up lolol!

NatashaC said...

CJ, TTF:
How about "blight" - for Zen dat is.

Bagogyul said...

I was listening to this story on trinibashment 91.9 with Soca Warrior Princess...I just find it funny that said alleged victim is in the hospital about to have a catscan and calling in on a talk show radio to tell his story of how Machel & his entorage slammed him onto a car and he went into a coma.

I really hope none of this is true and after watching college hill lastweek...we all know how fights can escalate over NOTHING!

saucydiva said...

I heard this on the news,they reported that a soca star was involved in an incident at Zen and Police were investigating since one of the patrons involved in the fight was in hospital with a fractured skull. I am sure the newspapers will have it tomorrow.

Carnival Jumbie said...

LOLOL Bago gyul that is hilarious!! He looking to make a case for he forthcoming lawsuit yes.

SocaDiva said...

The HD getting hot, but it isnt unusual because we always hearing about machel beating someone but i hope that something actually comes out of this one because it really is unfair how these "soca stars" get away with everything.

And what get me vex was that during the report they said that the club's security knew is Machel who start the fight but they put out the other man and his crew. but then again they have to protect their assets because come carnival Machel the tai pan have to rake in the most money for the club. Its a shame!

Stephen-Lee said...

The sad thing about this situation is that these are the ppl trinis look up to. Machel doesn't give a damn about anyone and the truth is that if it was not a foreigner that was assaulted, this occurrence would have been easily overlooked. I think all these things have been happening to highlight the proverbial elephant in the room.

Why do i say this? We all still remember the pastor daughter incident don't we? Well allow me to point out that PNM fete, UNC fete, Army fete,Fire fete, Liscencing fete; none of these events ask for id by the door! The fact is that incident could have happened anywhere to any young lady on stage. It's all hypocracy, and no one can hide their head in the sand anymore. As For machel, he has always been disrespectful to people when he's not on stage, i think that he feels he owns Trinidad. At this point I see him as a criminal, and next to Machel, Akon doesn't look half bad.

Trinidad, we NEED to be more careful about the people we glorify.

saucydiva said...

Cote Ci Cote La saying for today "goat mouth" as in Jumbie yuh put goat mouth on Uncle Johnny :

"It amazes me that with the current situation that one 14 year old girl could potentially bring down an entertainment empire."

Gyul yuh speak the words this mornin and tonight breaking news on TV 6; they close Zen indefinitely!!!

Nkosi said...

I think it has little or nothing to do with machel having a jumbie on him. He is to blame if these kinds of things keep happneing to him.YOu cannot triviualse and resign someones life(the victim) by saying(whether your serious or not) that the incident it has supernatural causes. Machel is to blame wheter he plet a hand or not. his entrouage. with great power(machel has alot..ent when he tell allyuh jump allyuh does oblige with out a second thought) come great resposibilty.
this is not the first incident i have heard about with him physically interafring with someone. Most rumors have some sembelence of truth to it especially if similar accuasations are repeatedly made. People only seem to eb concerned about machel what about the victim,.I hope he recovers.

Crankyputz said...

Your my inside report: Interesting they raided the club and did nothing about all of this....wonder what the fella said....to start it...

Carnival Jumbie said...

Nkosi , don't get me wrong I am not literally attributing Machel's problems ,past and present to a supernatural Jumbie. I was just touching on all different schools of thought. I personally feel that what goes around comes around and it is the behaviour and attitude that he has been perpetrating since his star rose to fame and what he has been allowed by the masses to get away with that has come back on him now. He has a reputation of being a bit of a divo.What goes around comes around and sooner or later he was going to go too far.But he needs to check himself too cause one day he might cuss or start a fight with the wrong man who will not care if his name is Machel Montano.

Not me nah Saucy, I just know how Trinis does operate. Always last minute to come to 'action' to save face and prove a point. Its only public pressure that cause that, not cause they really have a good reason

Anonymous said...

TALENT ASIDE, BECAUSE OF SUPER INFLATED EGOS SOMEONE COULD HAVE DIED (HE IS NOT OUT OF DANGER YET)AND MANY PEOPLE ARE FANS OF MACHEL'S MUSIC AND NOT MACHEL HIMSELF, THE BROTHER HAS BROUGHT LOTS OF JOY TO MANY OF US AND REMAINS AND AMBASSADOR FOR T & T, BUT THE TIME HAS COME FOR HIM TO BECOME GROUNDED AND REALISE THE PUBLIC FIGURE THAT HE IS AND WATCH WHO IS SUPPOSEDLY WATCHING HIS......GUNS KILL, ARROGANCE TOO, IT BOUND TO KETCH UP WID YUH! AH GON'

ttfootball said...

so i hear on 96.1 news this morning that the alleged victim is refusing to name the attackers?