Saturday, March 03, 2007

Overdoing the do

Well I eh get none of them things on my list yet. But as I say feel free to bring it this week. Let me tell allyuh I can't remember the last time I party so hard for my birthday.I had not even made any definite plans up until Thursday evening . Nonetheless a few quick calls later I had the lime lock for 51 Degrees. Many of my friends had work on Friday and as we getting old they can't party and get up the next day.So a few people weasled their way out of it. But I am a real jumbie, I don't have to have a large crowd to enjoy myself anywhere. So it ended up being me and one other girlfriend (who is a housewife) going to meet some others in the dance.We were not planning to stay late cause we did not want to over do it and save some for Friday night.

When we arrived the karaoke was still going on. Well the sight we met on stage was enough to have us rolling on the flooe immediately. There was a girl who had on a dress that was really a top. She had on was of those knit hats with the strings hanging from it that ppl for some reason like to wear for Carnival. Some terrible platform shoes.She was belting it out on the mic in the most horrendous way with full animation like she was Mary J. Blige herself. And yes I took video. It was too funny! However , i only got like 10 sec of the girl causethis guy came and stood right in front of me. Apparently he liked me and my friend and wanted to by us drinks. We had not even been in the club for 5 minutes. Of course they were old, fat,not cute and Russian. Lucky us.I told him thanks but no thanks but he insisted and refused to move. So I became Daniella (my alter ego) and said my friend was Denise (did not know what her alter ego name was) and said my friend would have a Double Absolut and I would be liming with Uncle Johnny.
As he got the drinks for us he invited us to lime with them at their table with the other old, fat ,not cute Russian guy. We ssaid we would be right back and never came back. Of course my friend would say that maybe the guys put something in our drinks so I should drink first and see what happen. With that I lost all interest in the complimentary drink.

Fortunately shortly after another friemd of other joined us and he was able to get some more drinks for us on the house. Literally on the house cause he did not buy it himself. Well we started getting our groove on, the music was picking up and pretty good. Things got even better a while later when one of our 'celebrity' friends appeared. On hearing that it was my birthday he decided to sponsor a bottle of champagne. Now Johnny is good, MOET is even BETTER. Well the party really got started then. After about our 3rd glass my friend started talking about pulling things back a bit and making sure we flush our system in between with lot sof water and make many trips to the bathroom. We did that , however it did not help that everytime the glass got half empty it would be magically refilled. I doh even want to know how many bottles eventually got emptied among the group of us but it was a few.

By 2am party was in full swing and we was wining like it was Carnival again. People Jumbie dancing in the 51 like it was the Avenue. Of course my friends had to embarras me and ask the DJ to send a 'shout out'. We all had a time. And a ridiculous time at that. At around 5am the lights were on in the club and we were still there.I had already begun to sober up since we had been there for so long . It is so unfortunate that there is no Denny's or IHOP in Trini cause the party would definitely have moved on to there. We limed outside the club aimlessly for quite some time after like we did not want to go home.

The next morning my phone started ringing from EARLY o'clock with ppl calling to send b'day wishes. I had arrived home fine, went to sleep with no problem. I got up with a dread headache. Champagne is not your friend ppl, even if its the expensive kind. My friend who accompanied me called me shortly after to ask if my headached was as big as hers. The only thing for me to do was to get moving and get started on my errands for the day .(Yeah cause this was not going to be a skin out home birthday). So after making a few turns I met my b/f for lunch. I was not even feeling it when he ordered a vodka drink with lunch. I got not even entertain drinking anything alcoholic.

A much needed nap later that afternoon found me hustling everyone to meet up in More Vino. Who incidently have jacked up their prices (again). My fav hors doeuvre which was the smoked salmon went from $50 to $90!! Not cool. Well this night turned out in our favour as well cause every one who I knew sent us over something. Even management sent us a complimentary plate when I found the cheese a bit mouldy. (and it wasn't the mouldy cheese).We have a Nigerian friend who always feels the need to treat us every single time he bounces up the girls. Of course he likes to show off as well so he had to show up the guy who bought us the bottle of wine by buying a bottle of champagne. And I quote "It is your birthday , why are you drinking that sheeeet!" Ok party started again.LOLOL.My friend who was with me last night just looked at me as if to say "Oh no! not again". I told her , I was glad HER birthday is in September! Well we had a time again so it was all well and good at the end. Best believe the head ache was back the next morning.

So that was my birthday and hopefully they will be many more. Talk about living life to the fullest!! well boy!

4 comments:

saucydiva said...

Well bottles of any champagne must give you a headache! LOL is the bubbles!

Glad u had a godo time hope the celebrations continue for the weekend.

Trini By Injection said...

Hope yuh had fun gyul! Party like a rock star! Mines cumin up Tuesday so I will be doing di same. Pisces!

HQ said...

Sounds like you had a lot of fun. I can't mess with champagne though. I once told someone they looked like National Geographic when I was drinking that stuff. I can never drink it again! LOL

'rah said...

Last time I mixed my drinks and had champagne it was projectile vomit like you wouldn't believe!