Saturday, March 17, 2007

Dutty Wine Gyal

So I get a chain up and end up in the 51 degrees (again) last night. It seems March is turning into an entire month of celebrations of my birthday. Anyhow, one thing I have been a bit suprised about is how the song 'Dutty Wine' is still being killed on the airwaves both in the club and on the radio. Ok its a nice song with a nifty dance but its time it died a natural death. I'm kinda sick of it now. I really thought that Carnival would have killed it. It is very difficult for any dancehall song to survive Carnival, especially when there is a season with a monster hit like Machel's Jumbie. Nonetheless, Dutty wine has reared its head as strong as ever.I thought Vegas' Hot wuk would have killed it since it gives ppl another dance to do.But no, now they play them back to back so after you dutty wine you can hot wuk (or vice versa). I am kinda hoping Shaggy's song will kill it but I think girls like to dutty wine too much for that to happen anytime soon.It does not help that Shaggy mentions dutty wine in his song as well.

As we all may have heard Dutty Wine has been attributed to several deaths in Jamaica. I say attributed because it has not be confirmed that it was actually the dutty wine itself that did them in. Now being that the dutty wine is a rather suggestive dance I have not really been inclined to perform as such in the dancehalls of T&T. This does not take away the fact that I know HOW to dutty wine. My b/f is also one who would prefer I don't get on like a skettel in the club and in light of the possible health risks, he would prefer I don't attempt it at all (unless of course its a different type of dutty wine). For some reason he seems convinced that I would be the 'freak'accident dutty wine death of T&T. However, give me a few drinks in my head and the urge to dutty wine becomes quite pronounced. I have managed to control the urge somewhat and might just give one head roll in jest. Trick is if you do either the head roll or the wining portion separately you are not really dutty wining.So if you just wine or just do a gentle head roll no one really believes you are seriously dutty wining.Now this also goes for the people who just can't dutty wine period. Its a great way to fake it.

Now I saw a few ppl in the club doing the dutty wine. Some did it well some were funny as hell (hey that rhymes!). It amazes me that people are still so vigorously into demonstrating their dutty wine skills especially when most of these people are a more uptown crowd. So whats my point?Nothing really, I just felt like talking about dutty wining.lol Actually I really wanted everyone to be aware of the dangers of dutty wining. For your entertainment please visit 'Dumbass Dutty Wine' to see how not to dutty wine. Please watch entire video.I have also given this person the honour of a Pookie award for Ass of the Day.

7 comments:

Crankyputz said...

hehe,....i love that your BF has concerns about you going over board it your dance passions...what a sweetie...

Carnival Jumbie said...

Well crankyputz thats a nice way of putting it but i was kinda offended. To me it sounded likehe thought I was dumb enough to get hurt cause I did not know how to do it. Ye man of little faith!
lolol!

ttfootball said...

well dat gyul is a real mook LOL LOL!! I eh really see she wine yet, she only spinnin spinnin she head, musbe so she get dizzy and nearly ketch a buss head. She have belly to come back like nutten happen eh? HAHAHAHAAA

saucydiva said...

faking the dutty wine! well yes...

I hear Nikki Crosby calling it the Dirty Wine LMAO!

Crankyputz said...

CJ, Me thinks you will have to put on a special viewing to demonstrate your skills.....

HQ said...

O mi goodness...that clip was going around the job a couple of weeks ago. We were on the floor! That girl is wilin!

'rah said...

Hey I do the head part for kicks too (but only if I'm wearing my hair out, of course, else what's the point)!
I got that video too. I nearly dead wit' laugh! The funniest part was the way she just got back up and resumed her act as if nuttin happen. BWAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!