Monday, February 19, 2007

Lara Fete Review

Allyuh, Lara was a BEESSST fete. So after I storm I find myself sampling the nice selection of food. It had Chinese, Wild Meat, Creole and some Curry that was real bunnin. Plus they had the usual finger foods...bake and shark etc.Drinks was flowing very nicely as well, no scene to get drinks by the bar.


The highlight of the night were the live perfomances. The stage was set up with the laser effects and was creating patterns all over the mansion.Bmobile lit up the crowd with glow sticks.

Destra performed first. I really hope somebody could tell me what she really put on. That had to be the worst kit for the season.A hot mess.But as I say, I was a real paparazzi that night. I was right in front the stage whole night. Now you know I am not particularly a Destra fan but I was in a journalistic mood that night so allyuh go love me for this ..for video clips of Destra's performance of "Its Carnival" Click here and for "Bonnie and Clyde" at Lara's fete click here.The audio is not that great because I was literally in front the stage leaning on a speaker. All that distortion is the bass pushing from the speakers.
After Destra there was Ozzy Merrick performing some kinda rapso song. Like Lara feel sorry for him or something cause he actually came on stage and asked for the crowd to listen to him perform. STEUPS. Neither I nor the crowd received him very well as all we was studying was Carnival and he sure as hell was not singing soca. Maximus Dan then performed and he was good although he does not have any really big tunes this year. The Soca Warrior thing is getting kinda old now.Sigh.

Boy I eh even know where to start with Machel nuh.I swear that had to be one of his best performances for the season. I did not go AC5 to see all the fancy decorations but I felt like he was going all out for us.He performed both old and new tunes.He had performances by Benjai, Zan and Patrice included in his set as well. I can't remember the last time I had so much fun and get on bad in a fete. I can't remember the last time I see so many uptown ppl getting on bad like is brass festival and they want to mash up the place . Machel TEAR DOWN the place. Boy, when he drop that Jumbie. HUMPH!Madness!! I sorry eh allyuh but yuh will have to forgive me, I was too busy Jumbie Dancing (Yes it have a dance to go with it) to video tape it. We jumbie dance for like a half hour. I was too busy wining for most of his performance to get much at all. Ok nah,allyuh could still get something. For 5 whole minutes of Machel in Lara performing "One more wine" Click here! for Part 1 and Part 2! Its almost as if you were there....Watch it to the end. There is a very funny part in Part 2 where he talks to the crowd and asks a girl(not me) if he video taping him on her cellphone. Then he asks if she going to put it on YOU TUBE .The answer is "Yes, Machel , I am putting you on YOU TUBE." LOLOL.(That's me saying 'That's right' in the video lolol) He also comes right up in front of me in the video so its some good footage (fortunately I did not get penis in my face).
By the time Machel finish , I was so out of breath I nearly get a asthma attack and I doh usually get them things. Carnival Monday morning I was still trying to catch my breath.No LIE! That performance started the Carnival with a bang.The fete then ended very abruptly. All of a sudden stage lights go off and I hearing pan music over the speakers.Ok then, basically he telling us get the hell out. I was all too happy at that point to care. You ever notice that free fete does always be the best fete you go to? I will let the videos speak for themselves. I really hope I could go that fete again next year (for free)

2 comments:

law said...

Girl, is why yuh teasing we so? We who could not make it to Trini waiting with bated breath to get your account of everything.

-:¦:-•:*''''*:•.-:¦:-•* cb *•-:¦:-•:*''''*:•-:¦:- said...

"Mestra." lol