Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Test Drive Day Two (The jeep break down, have to find a maxi)

Who tell me do this boy ,I think I liking this too much. Started gettin the ideas to get it done for real. Long time I want a next tattoo. I actually went and priced it to see how much it would cost if I wanted it for real....$5grand? Oh hells no, I doh like it THAT much.

I'm sorry to have to tell all you guys that the test run did not go as well as I thought.I am going to have to get a Plan B! Ok so it looked great day one. It looked great after the 3 showers I took since then. It doesn't look so hot now. My bra was my undoing. I should point out that I was warned that my clothes may shorten the life of the tattoo because of the constant contact with the skin and the fabric. So I intentionally wore clothing that was a bit more loose fitting at the back. Nonetheless, I did not even think about the damage a bra would cause. After a few hours of bra wearing the middle of my dragon tail was smudged to smithereens.

An interesting thing also happened....my dragon grew scales! It seems that the ink has disappeared around the pores in my skin so it has a fine polkadot pattern in some areas that look like scales. I am not a person who sweats very much and I have been in the 'cold breeze' all day so I don't know if I sweated it off or if I rubbed it off and those areas were more prone to wear and tear (or both). The skin itself feels like it it has a bit of tightness in the area. Ironically (or fortunately) I wore a black shirt today so I have no way of telling where the ink went. It is extremely worrying cause now I 'm worried how something this prominent will hold up over the course of two days in the hot sun. I once had my full upper body airbrushed for a promotional event and it held up for 6 hours well...at night.

I am beginning to think this is not such a great idea anymore even though it looks cool. When I thought about it, I was wondering when I can get it done. I really don't see it lasting if I do it before Sunday.Will I be able to get it done on Sunday or will my friend set me up? So if I have to go out Sunday night ...say to Lara (for free) I have to make sure I have a halter outfit without a bra. And if I have to go out that means I will have to do it much earlier than I would like. I can't very well leave the party and go and do it. But that means I will be putting the whole tattoo on show the day before the official debut. It also means that I DEFINITELY will not be able to play J'Ouvert. I can't see anyway I can avoid getting paint all over and any way that I can removet he paint and keep the dragon intact.Dammit!

If I should be able to keep it intact for Monday cause my Monday wear is like a bikini top, which should do minimal damage. The bra on Tuesday while jumping with my sweaty self will ruin it for sure. I am worried that the damage will just make it look shitty.

If you had a smaller one in your upper/lower back or other body part it would probably fare much better than mine in terms of clothing contact. The one on my ankle is doing very well, and looks much better.But I still have not shaved my legs so I'm not going to post a pic.Avoid waist band / bra band/bra strap areas. This really sucks. I'm going to be really disappointed if I can't figure out a way to pull this off.My dragon eh jus buss, it explode!

13 comments:

saucydiva said...

I fell sitting as well have a part to play in it; the area where if rub off look like where your back would be touching teh chair or car seat.

Well it is a good thing you test drived the Dragon! I am thinking of something smaller but thanks for the review, I will have to ponder where I would like to put it as well :S

kevian said...

Same thing happen with my paint last year .. one tuesday it bagan cracking up.. but it still looked good. may be you should place a smaller dragon higher up on your back so that your bra does not affect it.. but then ur hair might be a problem if it is long.

Carnival Jumbie (Diva) said...

Saucy I doh feel is was the seat as much as it was the bra. Its only the area across where the bra was cutting that smudged. Other than the car i rarely sit with my back flush against a chair.

kevian...i feel if i get something smaller it won't be a nice a stencil as this and it won't havethe impact I'm going for...I dunno nuh.

trini-in-toronto said...

I don't know if this is popular in Trinidad, but have you considered using henna instead of paint? I think it lasts a little longer.

trini-in-toronto said...

did you consider henna instead of paint. I think it is a little more durable

Carnival Jumbie (Diva) said...

good point trini in toronto, is who i getting to do that with the stencil....and that way you won't get the colours . Definitely an option. It might have the same problem with the friction rubbing it off though

Jamette said...

Buh wha your bra doing so far down your back? is a corset you wearing or what? LOL Newho last year i got airbrushed late monday night. I don't think the airbrushing would have held up through 2 nights, for the two days. By the end of tuesday it was fading with all the sweat and scaling up. I'm glad i didn't get it done earlier. Your back might be different though since it is less noticable than my entire chest that i had done. BUT you will have to sleep REAL careful and definitely no jouvert

Carnival Jumbie (Diva) said...

buh jamette the bra was in a normal area. I think it would be better for Monday anyhow since the Tuesday bra sure to mash it up. You alreay have head piece etc for Tuesday.Monday more dress dong. I doh sleep on my back so that is no scene.

danae said...

have you considered putting the 2 dragons head to head lower on your back? that way they would fall below your bra line across your back. You would have to check the positioning with your costume on but I think it would look sexier that.

Of course if that's the case then you'd need either a whole closet full of extra extra low rise jeans and skirts or you'd need to do it very late monday night so that you wouldn't risk messing it up with regular rise pants/skirt waist band.

Carnival Jumbie (Diva) said...

danae, I eh know what I going and do nuh. I real confused right now. Thanks for teh suggestion though. Definitely an option.

'rah said...

Diva, the henna can't/doesn't rub off. Once yuh do it it kinda IN your skin for 2 weeks or so. It fades, yes but It eh goin' nowhere, bra or no bra, clothes or no clothes, J'Ouvert or no J'Ouvert. A few of my friends who flyin' in getting the henna tats done before they come down. Lemme know if you find somebody who does henna.

dougla_1 said...

Henna is the way to go.

It will take a very steady hand with the henna "brush" to draw within the stencil. The good news is, it will not rub off, way longer than your paint experience (as 'rah said). And, a good bet that you could play jouvert and not have to overprotect it so much that it could restrain some of your fun.

The other thing is, it will be monochromatic, which, to me, will still keep the dramatics of the larger sized dragon you want.

Harry said...

I have been looking for this song forever!!! "The jeep break down, have to find a maxi". Can you please tell me the name of the artist or the name of the track. my email address is harryr52@gmail.com ... thanks