Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Old Year's Nite Review

Happy New Year everyone!Well this is the first Old Years Nite I went party hopping.Tings turn out in me and the hubby favour and we end up getting some comps to go a dance in Chaguramas Golf Course.S after breaking in the year at home, we headed down.At $400/ head I was hoping to fill my belly before hitting 51. I must say the place was decorated beautifully. Big high ceiling tents with fabric draped roofs.Apparently they had spome uptown wedding the day before and the decorations were on lock. I hear Machel perform at the wedding too. (humph papa yo!). Doh mind when we walk in , the party had obviously buss. My b/f was like "Nah!I not staying here!". The actually was no one at the door to collect our tickets. We just waltz in. I was suprised and disappointed that I eh call all my friends to come along and storm.

They laid down some mesh on the grass to firm up the ground. Good idea but I almost buss my ass when my stiletto got stuck in one of the spaces. That happened several times in the night as well. We reach about 1 am and was most disappointed to see that the free champagne bar was locked off already. The bartender telling me they only selling by the bottle. Now really, If i had pay $400/ticket, why the hell would I walk with $600 extra in my pocket jus for so??STEUPS. I was more annoyed when the bar had no red bull to go with my Johnny Walker. STEUPS. Other than that the bar was good. They had a live performance with Knycky Cordner and her band and they did pretty well. The food was ok but I expected more for the price. Some ham slices with bread, chicken wings, potato salad and desert. Thye had some dodgy meatballs that were grey and had no sauce. I was not risking food poisoning! So we show we face for a little while and headed down 51.

Like time was flying cause we eh reach 51 till nearly 3am.When I reach in the dance I find it looking real scanty. I figured it was because we reach so late. From all reports however, they never had a full crowd like last year to begin with. I get cross immediatley when I hear champagne done. So how is it possible that if we have less ppl in the dance and I pay $100 more than last year that champagne done by 2am??In addition to which, yuh still have to buy the red bull. Not impressed. I never even see the food there, I eh sure if it was done or if I just eh find it. The music was good but again..time flew and in no time it was over.Overall I was disappointed as I had a much better time last year and felt more like I got my money's worth then.Compared to their last party..Bourgeois, this one was seriously lacking and it was more expensive!! In Bougeois I get Moet almost all night!!I would have prefer if they had put the party back in Moka and provide me with what they did last time.

We get a chain up to go to some house party in the river estate in a big mansion. And that was pretty cool as well. Just took in the music for awhile. I left there about 6am and headed home to get my first work out for the year (ha!). All in all it was a nice night but I was a little turned off that I did not get to drink any champagne. I had used up to the two bottles I had home over Christmas.

Well my sis started the new year with a bang and made cheesecake..why she is torturing me..I don't know. But No!! I shall not give into temptation..I shall prevail with mt Carnival Diet. Doh mind I lime last night again and gots no sleep, so I doh feel any gym seeing me today!I wish the rest of you luck.

5 comments:

Hottie Hottie said...

Wait. You married?! But like is ALL ah allyuh!

Carnival Jumbie (Diva) said...

aye aye , buh hottie yuh reach back. Yuh was MIA there for awhile too.
Well I eh go in the red house to get the marriage certificate yet but I working on it !!lolol Soon man soon. Mr. Man say he want Machel in he wedding like them ppl, I tell him he better start working on that from now lol.

kevian said...

hottie like is only me and u gyal..lol. My bf is so boring for the 3rd year running we stayed home and watched each other.. it is getting to me... geeez... luV!.

kevian said...

was that a workout or a "work ouT"??

Carnival Jumbie (Diva) said...

at 6am, half drunk it was definitely a 'work out' lolol