Sunday, December 31, 2006

FED UP is right!!

So I gone in the IP against my will last night. I really was not feeling the vibe as I liming whole week. Well from the time we heading down Chagaramas I telling my friend that the party looking like it buss. No traffic on the stretch and I get an unbelivable park a hop and a jump from the entrance of the party.Doh mine we reach after 1am.(stickers nah) So we head in the dance which was suspiciously clear at the door. I must give it to IP, when they have a theme , they go all out to stick with it.

FYI The theme of the party was BWEE(plane fun haha) I guess to commemorate the closing of the airline. The ticket for the party was a replica of a BWEE Ticket, full folder jacket and all.When you walking in it had air traffic controllers. Oh doh min dthe party was in the Aeronautical museum carpark next to a full size BWEE 747(737?). When I pass the 'random body searches' a girl ask me if "I will be waving tonight'. I say well I hope so....I almost dead when she give me an original Bwee first class head rest cover, velcro and all on it.Them is the flag to wave. HOW IP organise to get that and WHO think of that I must applaud. I almost dead again when I see the ticket collection stand is a full size reservation desk.The pary had a good crowd, most acting stoosh and ppl only checking out what yuh have on.So it did not buss and the music was sounding really good.(Big up High Fidelity for another great Mixed CD for the night) NAH!Well done for theme but now I had to cuss.....

My friend and I head for the bar one time.So the ticket was $120 and you getting 2 for 1 drinks. In the past I have always rated this party as one where even though you pay for 2 for 1,you get a good drink so I never complain. One party where I always end up tight at some point in the night. So at the bar the sign saying 2 for 1 Johnny Walker...$50. WHAT!!!! STEUPS!!! Is best I go ZEN.Usually its 2 for $40.How that price doing me a favour?? So I tell the man give me a Johnny and red bull. The man telling me I had to pay separate for the red bull. Buh hear why nah..cause its not a "chaser" and its sold as a separate drink. So I say so what is a "Coke?". He telling me a cokes is a chaser. LOLOL. Yuh know I had to ask the man if he is ah ass, a COCA-COLA IS NOT A DRINK PPL. IT IS A CHASER!!

So I eh really walk with no set of money cause as a woman we know that my man or somebody else man always willing to buy me a drink. So I say, first drink of night, let me cool it and take a Johnny and cocnut water instead. Yuh know the barman is to tell me I have to PAY for coconut water to go with the Johnny. THEN continues to say that I will also have to pay for Cranberry juice or Orange juice if I want it. Yuh know I watch the man with a straight face and ask him if he f$@!)$# mad. I buying premium drinks and they want to charge me separate for everything? I hearing a next woman quarrelling on my next side for similar shit. So I bully the barman usuing my feminine wiles and he ended up giving me a extra red bull for my trouble. The Johnny came in two little cups. Buh since I mixing drinks I tell the man that obviously I need a big cup. Yuh know the man watch me and tell me $2 for a big cup. WTF!!!!! Well with that one i get more cross. Eventually I gangsta him for the big cup too.

So when round number 2 reach my friend gone in a different bar near to where we was liming. I still had red bull so she just order the Johnny. Yuh know the man give me ONE Cup and say thats $50. Well she know I is the right person to sort he out. I fix he one time and tell him he better bring my next drink for me here.I gangsta him too and get the next drink. A few minutes later my next friend gone for Baileys. I had warn her before she went how they was robbing ppl. Yuh know she come back with a SAUCER with ice and baileys? A saucer I say yuh know, cause I find it was to shallow to be called a glass. I thinking her hand covering the rest of the glass (like them little plastic wine glass). NAH the whole glass is less than a half inch high and the circumference of a beer bottle.Like if is a stinkin free sample they giving away. And is ONE she get too.She and she man eh want to make a scene..i tell her well thats she, I was pelting that back behind the man.

Well who tell Marlon to come ask me how I find the party going. I lay it on him real good. He not even believe what I telling him. He call up one of the next committee members and tell him the scene. Well he get more vex when I tell him they want to charge for cocnut water. He want me to point out where and who telling me that bullshit. Well I tell him and he insisted that I come with him back to the bar.Well yuh know I figure I might get something out of this. Well I must give it to IP , they really made an effort to fix the situation. The bar supervisior get REAL rough up.The man want to give excuse about his team doing the right thing and the next bar team (although is the same company) running with a next supervisior. Well IP put that in he place for that shit excuse and call head supervisor and best believe I leave with two free Johnny and a free big glass. I tell the bar supervisor after that is not that I was pulling rank (cause I really did not expect Marlon to take action so promptly on my comments) but I pay my money too, I eh get no comp to come inside here and they taking advantage of ppl. Best believ I did not have any problems at the bar for the rest of the night.

The only thing perplexing about the party was that they play REAL Machel whole night. Now I loe, my Machel (tunes that is) and I hype for Carnival..but I swear they play almost everything he ever sing and most was back to back.I eh know if its cause Machel was in the dance and High Fidelity is a groupie too buh it was a bit excessive.But in all I had a nice time ans the time flew. I reach home at a ridiculous hour (sober) but generally it was good.

So I resting up for the 51 later..we go see how that comes off

8 comments:

Bagogyul said...

wow...jumbie gyul!
Yuh had a right to cuss,dat shite was not right!
But I'm glad you had a good time and the party location sounded too fun!

pearlprincess said...

Is a good thing you knew someone that you coulda report to cause boy that is some bull^%$#!

Carnival Jumbie (Diva) said...

Girl, I is not no name caller either eh. Is only cause the man happen to ask me casually whaz d scene that I call him on it. I honestly did not think he would give a shit far less make a scene so. I glad doh, let ppl kno wthey must not take advantage so man.

saucydiva said...

I am looking for you on islandevents... what yuh was wearing chick?

Carnival Jumbie (Diva) said...

Islandevents does still take pictures boy?? I eh even know that. Nah I eh take no pics with them, I went and check jus to make sure, I not in none. I think i took one with Jungle juice, we go see when the gallerias come up

saucydiva said...

yuh still eh say what yuh was wearing ;)

Carnival Jumbie (Diva) said...

lol aight nuh, black top, black and white leopard leggings.damn i look cute lolol

saucydiva said...

Now I HAVE to remember to look for you on trini jungle juice :D