Thursday, November 16, 2006

Robocop in Sando

So by now allyuh realise that I does kinda stick during the week with the posts. Its cause I does be so busy in work I can't catch myself. But I had to take some time out to vent this afternoon.

My boss in his wisdom decides he is going to send me on a mission to Gulf City Mall in South Trinidad today. I protested saying that since I from "tong' I never drive myself there in my life and have actually only seen the place about a total of 5 times so I don't know my way around.Ok , doh laugh, yuh know how we 'tong ppl' find anywhere past the lighthouse is 'far'. The very thought of the San Fernando interchange terrifies me cause nobody does ever seem to know where they going. So we flipped a coin on it , I lost.

Alrighty then, grudgingly I get my stuff together and let him know I will be taking my time , might as well do some Christmas shopping right?Ok so I know HOW to get there, its just that damn INTERCHANGE!!! Before I knew it ...there it loomed before me...Inevitably I made a wrong turn, got into the wrong filter lane and ended up God knows where. But I did not panic. Long time I might of ,but while I was in school abroad I went on several "missions to unknown lands" and kind of got over my fear of getting lost. In the states if you make a wrong exit, all you have to do it make two right turns and you back on the interstate. In the states you have GPS and Mapquest!!!! Whoever was the GENIUS that designed that interchange needs to be stripped naked and hung from the same said overpass...it makes absolutely no sense and makes a simple process extremely over complicated.

So I cut across an intersection, casually call my b/f and let him know I am wondering around San Fernando quite to his amusement, he was of no help. I see an opportunity to get back on the interchange but I could not make a U-turn where I was so I took a right intending to go onto the side street and double back. I pull into the first business place on the right and proceeded to turn the car around. As I came out of the turn a man walking on the side of the road brings to my attention that the road is a one way . shit! A next thing I can't understand in Sando..why is every fricking thing one way??

Well with all the asshole drivers in Trini , once I was facing the wrong way no one was giving me a chance to turn around. I was not even in the road!! I was just pulled to the side but in the wrong direction. So I manage to turn the car. Well then the man who gave me the heads up start to wave again and while I asking him what he saying , i see a police van pull up in front of me. Well I guess that is what he was trying to tell me but I was really not too bothered cause by that time I was facing the right direction.I did not even think that they were looking to stop me but I needed directions anyhow. I actually spoke to the officer first. So the officer comes out the car and ask me if I know if its a one way (Nah, I just like to drive up one ways on a lunch time ). But I was looking super cute today so I batted my eyelids and said "Officer ,I'm so sorry, I'm from 'tong, I just catch myself and turn around, can you please tell me the right way to get to the overpass '. Well like he was smitten one time and start to rattle off directions.

Well boy, all of a sudden a man bawling behind me and asking If i want to cause accident. When I look I see a next officer who I assume was his superior cause he had a big pot belly. So I very calmly repeat myself to big belly about how I end up so . He starts ranting and raving about how I almost catch my death and I causing accident etc etc. How I could do that at a standstill or facing in the CORRECT direction I doh know...So I tell him that I was not "driving" down the road,that excatly where I was parked was the carpark where I turned the car to face the wrong way and where I turned to face the right way. I had made no movement in either direction along the road. He start to carry on about If i eh see the one way sign. Well I had to ask , which one way sign. The man showing me a sign about 100m up the road. I say, horse, If the sign is 100m from the corner, and i make a wrong turn 2 m from a corner how I supposed to know if its a one way??Should they not be a sign at the CORNER. He telling me ignorance is not an excuse, license and registration. He can't go P.O.S and drive the wrong way.I still not thinking is a ticket he looking to give me cause I know I eh drive down the road. The next fella giving me directions while he checking the info.

Big belly is to then hand me a ticket for $200 !!!! WTF!! I was like oh hells no. He still getting on too eh. I tell him I doh know why he making all that noise cause I never say I was in the right. I was just trying to explain that I made an understandable mistake concerning the fact that I doh know where I going and the street is not labelled properly. And for that reason he should just give me a warning. The first officer eh saying a word , at one point he whisper to me ' just calm yuhself nuh I will drive and you will follow me to where you going'.You could tell he realised i was being honest and genuinely was not playing taxi. Big belly then want to tell me about if I doh want to pay it I could go to court next February. I getting more mad cause I never rail up and tell the man I did not do anything and get on bad, I was talking normal and just explaining myself. I never tell him I did not want to pay or who my father was as most Trinis do in situation such as this. But the man getting on like he eh get laid last night.

After he finish rail up, I ask him, 'You getting on and saying my ignorance is not an excuse, but yet how is you giving me this ticket helping me?" He offered no assistance to resolve my situation.I still eh know where I going!!! Well you know the next CHUPID thing about Trini is that if the offence is in South you have to pay in South you cyar pay in town. So if I can't find my way to the mall how the ass I finding my way to the Courthouse?Well again my young officer tell me I could get someone to pay on my behalf. At least if he had give me the ticket I may not have been so annoyed cause he was still trying to render assistance and give me options.

Well you might wonder why I more vex if I really started to do the wrong thing. Well 'start' is the operative word. I righted myself before I caused any harm or endangered anyone.I eh try and U'turn in the middle of the road but in a carpark. What REALLY get me is that as I am following the officer to find my way, he waved me down to pull up next to him and gave me proper instructions. I thanked the nice officer and pulled ahead and stopped at a light with them behind me. When I look in the rear view,I see big belly jump out the car and walking in the intersection and then waved the officer to come.I could not believe what I saw next. And I doh fault the young officer but his waste of time mentor. He instructed the officer to drive into ONCOMING traffic ,not just on the lane next to me but on the road running perpendicular to mine where the light was green. Meaning ,as he made the right turn he ended up on the lane closer to me. As he overtook me and bend the corner he nearly ran head on into a van that was speeding along the road, cut into a turning lane of traffic and cut across the median.The man did not even put on his siren.

Hol' on , Ho'l on, he did not JUST give me a ticket for that?? He did not JUST tell me he can't come P.O.S and do that? You see why officers in this country gets no respect?? A set of grand charge all the time and no integrity, no sort of "lead by example" attitude. Its was not an emergency and yet they are breaking the law that he just chastise me for unwittingly bending.STEUPS .Bun out Babylon yes.

BTW Where they was when I see the man going the wrong way around the SAVANNAH Saturday?? Yes!!! The savannah i say. The man thought the maraval /lady chancellor filter lane was a round a bout!! Well in sight of St.Clair police station! Buh the thing not even round! And I go kill ppl??So I may not know certain streets in Sando one way but WHIO in Trinidad doh know the Savannah one way??!!

7 comments:

Hottie Hottie said...

ROFL!!!!!! Diva, ah sorry tuh be laughing at yuh plight because I woulda be blasted, steaming, kiss meh ass vex too - but this thing funny like hell girl! This is de funniest thing I read in a while. Plenty ah dem police does play big and bad at "easy" targets. Why he didn't pull over a B13 full ah Rasta and try dat?! Just try and doh study it. And if I was you I contest that ticket. Madness!

Carnival Jumbie (Diva) said...

Hottie Girl, best believe when I reach back in the office I just give my boss the ticket and tell him, yeah you hadda pay that. The bold faceness of that robocop like he had to prove he could do what he want and I can't.STEUPS
But by the time i get lawyer and go back down south to fight that I go spend more than that $200 of MY money when i could pay $200 of the company money.He eh know he was so not worth my time, my consultant rate is $150 US dollars per hour , that cop could not even afford me to show up in court.

Carnival Jumbie (Diva) said...

ps , check my add on to the post!!

Hottie Hottie said...

LOL!!!!!! Ah check it out. So he didn't realise EVERYBODY was going one way?!

pearlprincess said...

LAWD! You know it always have some jokey police!

kevian said...

Girl i does work down sando once a week and I does travel is level sleep the whole way down.... niggars not driving down them parts. I hate the hill right before yuh go up by sando tech.

kevian said...

Dem popo have nuthing better to do , people dying all over de place and dem studying to stalk u. Half ah dem does be breaking de law anyways... dey always up and down de buss route on private matters.. i think they wanted to pips yuh. probably u should have had some donuts to offer them they might have left u alone.