Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Bikini Bottoms

Well I can't believe that after my post on "To wax or not to wax" I actually FORGOT to update my blog on my adventures in waxing. So before I went on vacation I called my aesthician and booked an appointment for a full head to toe wax. Eyebrows, top lip (cause you know I paranoid), legs and bikini. I sealed my fate when I told her "I'm going all the way!..In the interest of science of course." Meaning of all I was going to take the plunge and take the full brazillian. Everything was coming off.

Well maybe it was such not a great idea to try and do everything in one sitting lol.By the time she got ready to do the bikini area I had take nuff pull already.In addition to which I had let things grow out quite a bit which was also probably not a great idea in hindsight.Like I was not paying attention in waxing school cause I forgot that the longer /thicker the hair, the more it hurts. Seeing that I had to do an emergency bikini shave sometime before I had both problems. On the other hand, when its longer the finish is much smoother as you get all the little hairs that would otherwise now be growing out.Well I had to keep the small talk going at a mile a minute to distract myself. But overall ,it was not as bad as I thought it would be even when she got to the nether regions. I think I inadvertently made it harder on myself by letting it grow out as long as I did.

So I took one for the team and can tell you all you can deal with it!! My threshold for pain is very low. I did make one unforgivable mistake...I forgot to walk with my loofah on vacation which my aesthician directly instructed me to do. So for that week I was not exfoliating and I thought I got away with it.... only to see some ingrowns trying to rear their ugly heads much later on. I am busy doing remedial works to try and save myself from futher discomfort. Remember , the loofah is your friend!

16 comments:

saucydiva said...

Well I have a high treshold for pain so I think I will try it....soon :D

But tell me,do you feel embarssed to have the waxer see your "privates" as well as do you have to contort in different positions to get the nether regions?

pearlprincess said...

Use "Tend Skin" for the ingrowns, it does help alot after a brazilian.

Carnival Jumbie (Diva) said...

My b/f uses the tend skin for his ingrowns but I fraid to use it on such a sensitive area cause he does real bawl when it on his face.

Funnily enough my waxer makes things easy on her clients. She did the whole brazilian without me even taking off my underwear. I might have to help and hold the draws sometimes but I did not need to do any sort of contortions.Somehow she was able to get everything. I know some might feel a little self conscious but my pooks is not the only one she sees. Does your gyno make you feel embarrassed as well? I think they're used to it

-:¦:-·:*""*:·.-:¦:-·* cb *·-:¦:-·:*""*:·-:¦:- said...

Nah, Diva, I use Tend Skin all the time. In fact, my waxeur (I saw the term in a newspaper write-up about her) sells it in her salon. No burning, or anything.

I also used it on a facial ingrown on my S.O. and no one is more skittish than he, but he said it didn't burn or sting, and the following day the bump had gone down.

saucydiva said...

Ok Diva is your waxer in Trnidad if so can I get her #?

kevian said...

I fraid dem thing yes i does resort to the good old shaver, but how long does it last?

Carnival Jumbie (Diva) said...

i get a good 2-3 weeks out of it.I like it better than shaving cause the hair thins out completely so even when it grows back you hardly see it.

Hottie Hottie said...

Awrite, I was thinking about it before but I will definitely do it now. ONE FOR THE TEAM!

kevian said...

i thinking about trying it to yes, TWo for de Team!

pearlprincess said...

Nah the Tend Skin definitely does not burn and evn though I normally do my brazilians up here...when I was home in May I went to a spa in Woodbrook where the girl did a surprisingly good job...lawd...gimme 5 mins and I will remember the place and her name!

saucydiva said...

Diva setting a trend here :D

Allyuh doing it for carnival and who going first?

Carnival Jumbie (Diva) said...

Yeah boy that Tend skin wukking!It did not hurt too much. My b/f was all too willing to help me out lol!

Pearly I feel you talking about Beauty and Body Spa , I have a friend who does hers there and she always rating it up.I THINK her name is Gail.From what I hear she look scary and may seem a little rough in terms of her mannerism but she all about business and she cool. There is a little more pricey than most spas but they excellent.I advise you not to go anywhere near JENCARE which is also on Cornelio St with Beauty and Body (i will giva allyuh that story)

pearlprincess said...

lol...nah it was not Jencare...but I think now that is was either Beauty and Body Spa or the MetaSpa.

-:¦:-·:*""*:·.-:¦:-·* cb *·-:¦:-·:*""*:·-:¦:- said...

You know, I willing to pay anything for a good wax in TT. Up here I pay $125 for everything and I mean EVERYTHING (neck down). Diva, when you say that Beauty & Body expensive, what price range you talking about?

Bagogyul said...

You go girl...I started doing the full on last year. Thanks to amprincess and Miss V in Staten Island.
I also promised that i would go more often (once a month) instead of making it a carnival thing.
I think i'll make an appt for nextweek oui!

and no saucy, i could care less if my punkanks "out ah door"....i guess i'm just a little too vain to care...i'm just thinking aobut the end results.

Karabana said...

LOL, my friend had to get on all fours, doggie style for her Brazilian!