Saturday, November 04, 2006

Back to the Future..and reality

So my little honeymoon in Jamaica is over and it was great. I was a little hesistant to return to reality.I was quickly reminded that my vacation was over the moment I stepped on the plane and was accosted by a woman who insisted that I was in her seat.Doh mind she was only now boarding on our first stop over and I had been in the seat for the past two hours.I have always hated window seats, even as a child. I was never raptured with the sights outside the window, I just want to be able to go pee when I want to without having to crawl over people. So,I was in 12C(aisle which i specifically requested)and she had 12A (window).For some reason she seemed overly delighted that she would be getting to kick someone out of her seat.She started bad right there. She was still arguing when I had to break down the little diagram overhead to show her where the window was and the stick man was in relation to her seat number. The idiot had the audacity to continue arguing with me and say that the "window" in the diagram was not the window of the plane. Exactly which other window it was supposed to represent is a mystery to me.

At this point I lost my "No problem man" newfound Jamaican attitude and became a WTF Trini angry black woman. So I had to tell her that if I wanted a window seat I would have picked one a month ago when I booked my ticket and then I reinforced the breakdown of the diagram "This is you, this is the window, this is 12A, SIT DOWN, SHUT UP." So my idiot radar was on full alert at this point when we landed at the next stop and a woman began chatting on her cell phone literally as the wheels of the plane touched down.We were still mashing brakes from the landing and she was talking most normally. Why they allow some people to have passports ...I have no idea.

Needless to say the whole "healthy eating" went out the window while on vacation when everytime I orderd jerk chicken I got a portion of fries.By the end of the week I was sick of Jamaican food and just wanted KFC and Burger King. Exercise went out the window unless you count climbing Dunn's River falls and two dutty wine (lol jus kidding, I don't have a death wish!). Shortly after I got home I started working out my expenses and realised quite quickly that I was officially broke.Worse yet I get paid on the last day of the month which means that I have one salary before the end of the year to buy Christmas presents,pay that credit card I nearly max out,party for the season, service my car and basically live. I need to win the lotto.Sigh so much for actually paying for that gym membership.And I still have not paid anything further on my carnival costume!I put myself further in a hole by telling my friends I would go to "Eyes Wide Shut" with them which is a cool $250.Sigh.

Please note contributions to my Carnival Fund are welcome. I accept cash and credit cards.

9 comments:

pearlprincess said...

Gyul....broke will be a regular word until carnival done yes!

kevian said...

girl trust me i know about money worries, right now i trying to manage carnival activites, pay for a car, give money at home ( bills etc), buy a new gate.. the saga continues.!!!

What do you think about Jammrock?

Hottie Hottie said...

LOL. I know about the idiots. Does make yuh wish yuh could start slapping people just so just so when they start acting up. At least you had a good time in Jamaica.

saucydiva said...

Hmm, well I kinda have my costume covered so I am not worried in that respect.

And I done tell allyuh I not buying plenty gifts for Christmas; hubby, mommy, my best friend's daughter and my God child. That's it!

My car need to service too, I not feteing till Bliss in January and I already planning vacation for after Carnival.

But girl I love how yuh change to "WTF Trini angry black woman" in a flash :D

Btw, where did you stay, Ochos Rios?

Carnival Jumbie (Diva) said...

Jamaica was great I did a real whirlwind tour. I literally touch almost everywhere in Ja.... Ocho Rios, Montego Bay, Negril. I had friends in the country and in Kingston so I was back and forth.

Anonymous said...

Allyuah lucky you all don't have a signifcant other who wants to do the 12 days of Christmas!!!
That's 12 shittting gifts plus what he calls the BIG one....steups!!!

Carnival Jumbie (Diva) said...

LOLOL @ anonymous , that is messed up !! I thought I was bad cause I have a birthday and Christmas in the same month. I hope that works out lol, at least you get more gifts too!

Karabana said...

LOL, too funny, I tried to adopt the no problem mon attitude after our sensational February JA trip, but it's hard when you come back to cold, polluted, everyone-rude-&-in-a-rush Toronto. & yeah, with every jerk meal it's "fries with that", I was back to square one at the gym!
The Falls was fun, wish I had a camera though.
You didn't stay at resorts?

Karabana said...

maybe it's bc I think it's romantic & thoughtful & can be imaginative that I like the idea of 12 days of Christmas... it wouldn't have to be about spending a lot of $$$, it could be doing things for eachother, like a massage, one luscious champagne truffle, write a love letter, or ok, horny email, a lube job, 1 perfect purple rose...