Wednesday, October 11, 2006

The Dragon can Wine too!!


So in honour of Chinese Arrival Day..(boy Trini really ridiculous with these holidays. But I not complaining, I sure I have some chinee in me somewhere lol) just want to say big up to my chinee family for 200 years of contribution to Trini as we know it.

Anywho, seeing that I am in Dragon in Tribe I have become slightly obsessed with finding "dragon" accessories. So I found these fantastic earrings (see pic) but of course its not sterling silver so I have to pray it won't get too black before Carnival. I have so many ideas running through my head of how I want to kick my costume up a notch that I really don't know where to start and I dangerously close to going overboard. I have a little Monday outfit organised which will definitely be real hot (and I not telling allyuh what it is till Carnival Sunday!). Then I saw these bracelets.... wow! I don't know what to do with myself. Can anyone say shopaholic?

Trinidad is so limited when it comes to creative and different accesories like these. You definitely can't go in the mall and find something like this. I feel I may have to do all my dragon hunting online and outsource all my accesorising for Carnival. Thats part of the reason I have started looking from now, to ensure that if I have to order anything I will get it early. Even with a skybox I have to allow for at least two weeks shipping time from date of order. The other reason is that I don't want to have something that every Candice, Keisha and Danielle has but its going to cost me.

Coincedently enough I heard of somone I knew who happened to be in China on business and being as bold faced as I am , I emailed them and demanded they bring me a souvenir or everything dragon orientated which was supposed to include those earrings. I was told that they got me something ...which has yet to be seen!! So I am hoping that I may get something fantastic (for free!)..wish me luck.


For more info on its history see Chinese Dragons

3 comments:

Hottie Hottie said...

Girl. Dem earrings eh too heavy to be jumping up in for Carnival? They pretty like hell though. And like all the hot girls go be in Dragon!!!!!

Carnival Jumbie (Diva) said...

you find ,i feel its that cheap ass silver that does turn when it rain. That is a once wear business, which is why I doh find it make sense me pelting out no big set of money.h
But how about I get my outfit today for Monday. Well boy ,I kicking things up a notch for you girls lololol. It too bad.

Hottie Hottie said...

AYE AYE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!