Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Carnival Monday Kit

Can I tell you I am bouncing off the walls right now! I just got my Carnival Monday outfit and it is amazing! I coming out for them this Carnival!! I think I deserve a pat on the back for this one. Although I did not make it myself, I helped design it and with the amazing seamstress I discovered, it came out exactly as I wanted. I think the seamstress even exceeded my expectations. Which is good cause I paid out my ass for it. But being a shopaholic this is nothing new, when I see something I want I don't care how much it is I am getting it.Wow is all I can say. Wow!



So as you can well imagine I had a full dress rehearsal as if it was Carnival weekend and I just collected my costume. Put it through the wining test and all...Wow! Of course the kit has to remain top secret to avoid anyone biting my style so this is one carnival tip I will NOT be giving!Ok Fine, since this is definitely what I will be wearing , I guess I can offer plan B to those interested. Well you should always have a plan B just in case what you were planning to wear does not come out the way you expected it. As I said, I had some doubts about how my outfit would have come out.Or maybe, you wait till Carnival Saturday to go in Samaroos and find out the hot pants sell out in your size and those beads that would have match perfectly look like they turning. Now I am still taking a bit of a risk here by giving away my own Plan B but I feel pretty secure that plan A is all I will need now that I have it in hand.


As you may or may not know from my blog, I no longer wear my costume on Monday. It is something that happened progressively, not intentionally. I started with wearing the bra and costume bottom with no hand/foot/headpieces, shortly therefater it became the bra and just a bikini bottom (bottom in the road!) and then it was the "Monday outfit" with help from some of the sections I played in who provided that option. Last year I went off the radar and put together my own thing cause I felt my costume had too much cloth for Monday. That was probably the most comfortable I have EVER been playing mas. I was not really looking for anything this year since my costume is very Monday friendly but once I saw something similar to what I eventually got I just had to have it. So if you are still reading at this point (hahahahahah, I did that on purpose) then you really want to know plan B!


PLAN B:
Well I wanted to get a string bikini tie dyed in purple and orange (to match the costume obviously). All you really have to do is start with a white swimsuit and do it yourself or get someone to do it for you.THis will give you a completely custom look. This will look good for EVERY section or band you can be in. Or you can start with a swimsuit in a colour that already matches your costume and tie dye and accent colour on it. This kit will look pretty cute with a hot short as well.

With that said, I could not contain myself with my own design and showed one of my close friends (who isn't in the same section anyway). And she was also like Wow. She has been sworn to secrecy on pain of certain death!

When I thought my day could not get any better I got another present in the mail. This is one reason I love ordering things online. The packages arrive unexpectedly and even though you know what it is ( and you paid for it), its like sending a present to yourself .LOL! I got this really cool belly ring that I am hoping will serve as both motivation and an accessory for Carnival. Motivation because it will be a constant reminder of what I am working towards. Which is of course that ridiculous Dragon ready body.) I am so excited, It could just as well be Carnival week. Can you tell I am completel obssessed at this point?? Wow!

14 comments:

buublenut said...

Girl I love you - you gots me all excited here at my desk. I wish it was Carnival weekend coming up because that would mean my flight leaving tonight!!!!

One of my girlfriends flew down to TnT today so I feeling pain over here you know. But it alright she ain't reaching Carnival and I can't give that up for nothing.

I need to work on my Monday wear since it seems to be the in thing - I have a few ideas as it is but I also have a lot of time :)

saucydiva said...

what d hell, you not making joke!

Just today I spoke with my cousin about my design/concept for my Monday costume but you surpass me with getting the actual thing in your hands already. Way to go chick!

Icahwait* said...

you ain't wasting no time. you coulda let chritmas pass first lol

Carnival Jumbie (Diva) said...

Oh gosh allyuh , I know I real excited. But really I am usually not one to start all this planning so soon. I think it mayhave something to do with the fact that that this is the first year I was torn about which section I wante to play in! Usually when I see the costumes I immediately know what is number one.This year I was not overly impressed with anything and was really obsessing about it till i decided on Dragon. Once I decided it was like I was completely obsessed with improving on it.
I honestly started early because I know it may have taken some time to make and for me to get it and I wanted to make sure I had enough time if I had to order something else from overseas or had to get it redone.
Now that my mind is more at ease I could focus on Christmas and trying to drag my ass to the gym.

kevian said...

Yuh hiding that suit like is some super hero business.. share de wealth nah girl!!.

Girl you ent easy ... hats off to you.. I think I might try the monday wear thing this year as long as it fits my budget.

kevian said...

WAIT- girl yuh ent fraid yuh lose weight and yuh monday wear look at little slack on de road.?

Carnival Jumbie (Diva) said...

Well losing weight is not an issue. I'm 125 and have been stuck there for a while. I don't really need to lose weight but would like to tone up.That in itself is a challenge for me. Worst case I might GAIN weight. The fabric is stretch so even if i lose a little i will be ok (better even). Right now half my bottom outside cause most of that 125 is bottom. It came very slightly short in the back so the ass crack want to peep out but it is acceptable
Monday wear does not need to be any big expense. Last year I get a matching swimsuit in Micles for a $80 and had some stuff home already to match with it.This is teh first year I really spend any money on Monday and thats just because I over excited.

The Wonderer said...

Just today my sister and I was discussing what I wanted to wear. And she tellin me.. u see wuh month we in? U have time. U have yours in hand? Nah... lol. I ent shame no more!

Carnival Jumbie (Diva) said...

wonderer...those who fail to prepare..prepare to fail lolol

Hottie Hottie said...

CJ, what wrong with them girl?! Not only do I have my Monday kit ready, but I DONE hook up the girls back home AND buy we accessories and put dem way! Them making JOKE! Aye. Ah going and post dat. Ah gone!

kevian said...

carnival jumbie.. 125lbs.. i dreaming of being that right now!

Jamette said...

Kindly refrain from alerting people to the whole dyeing yuh clothes thing thankyouvery much. Me and WikiWiki work out very well last year for Monday. And we might lime again this year. But i need to go online and order them hats though eh because i don't think i can ask anyone to bring them for me and Halloween coming and will be gone soon.

Carnival Jumbie (Diva) said...

aight nuh jamette...i did not realise i was bussin your files too lolol.
And Kevian, doh worry my age catching up to me so its harder and harder to maintain that. When I first went away to school i was 111 (!). I did not realise how skinny I was until I put on the weight.I put on like 20 pounds in 3 months and was pushin 135. I got back down to a reasonable 125 but its a hell of a lot more work than it was before.

pearlprincess said...

Damn! You have Monday wear already! I don't blame you nah....even know as of today I doh think I playing next year..cry cry...I have always played in Monday wear. So more exciting and saves your great costume just for tuesday!